Thursday, June 9, 2011

Resnais' "Night and Fog"

I made a decision recently to try and write a post on this blog about every film I watch in its entirety. Unfortunately, I just watched Alain Resnais' "Night and Fog." After watching his "Hirsohima Mon Amour" for a class paper, and feeling a pretty deep connection to it, I felt I needed to finally see this earlier film of Resnais.

It is about the Nazi death camps, a documentary of the shells of the places which held such horrors. It is a short film, just over half an hour, and should be seen by everyone. It is not a film I feel the need to write much about. However, right before watching it, I caught a promo on TCM for "Judgment at Nuremburg" in which Spencer Tracy, as a judge, speaks the following line:

"...this is what we stand for: justice, truth... and the value of a single human being!"

No comments: